Whatsoever Things Are True

A Resource for Theology, Bible Study, and Devotion

Sunday

The Pilgrim's Way


How dear to me is your dwelling, O Lord of hosts!*
My soul has a desire and longing
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
The sparrow has found her a house
and the swallow a nest
where she may lay her young;*
by the side of your altars, O Lord of hosts,
my King and my God.
Happy are they who dwell in your house!*
they will always be praising you.
Happy are the people whose strength is in you!*
whose hearts are set on the pilgrims’ way.
Those who go through the desolate valley
will find it a place of springs,*
for the early rains have covered it with pools of water.
They will climb from height to height,*
and the God of gods will reveal himself in Zion.
Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer;*
hearken, O God of Jacob.
from Psalm 84

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home